Barcelona is a vibrant city known for its stunning architecture, beautiful beaches, and lively nightlife. If you’re visiting this bustling metropolis, exploring the city’s bars is a must-do activity. Whether you’re looking for a cozy pub, a trendy cocktail bar, or a rooftop lounge, Barcelona has it all. In this guide, we’ll take you through the best areas to find bars in Barcelona, allowing you to experience the city’s nightlife to the fullest.
1. El Gotico
El Gotico, Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter, is a fantastic neighborhood to start your bar-hopping adventure. Wandering through its narrow, winding streets, you’ll stumble upon charming bars tucked away in hidden corners. Placa Reial, a renowned square, is a great spot to unwind and enjoy a drink while people-watching.
- Bar Jardi – A popular outdoor bar surrounded by lively palm trees.
- El Bosc de les Fades – A unique bar with an enchanting forest theme.
- Nevermind Bar – A trendy place famous for its craft cocktails.
Gracia, a bohemian neighborhood, offers a more alternative and laid-back bar scene. Its narrow streets are lined with cozy bars that attract both locals and visitors. The Placa del Sol is a hub for bars and is a great place to enjoy a night out.
- Caravelle – A hip bar known for its delicious craft beers and brunch.
- Bodega Marín – A traditional bar perfect for trying local Catalan wines.
- El Vermut de Gracia – A classic vermouth bar with a retro vibe.
3. El Raval
El Raval is a multicultural neighborhood with a diverse range of bars catering to all tastes. From traditional Spanish bars to modern cocktail lounges, El Raval has something for everyone. The area around the MACBA Museum is particularly popular for its vibrant bar scene.
- Bar Marsella – A historic absinthe bar dating back to 1820.
- Bar Cañete – A fantastic tapas bar serving delicious local specialties.
- 33/45 – A vinyl record bar with a great selection of music.
4. La Barceloneta
If you’re looking for bars near the beach, head to La Barceloneta. This neighborhood is famous for its golden sands and waterfront bars. After a day of sunbathing, relax with a refreshing drink and take in the ocean views.
- Icebarcelona – Enjoy a drink in a bar entirely made of ice.
- Xiringuito Escribà – A beachfront bar offering delicious seafood and cocktails.
- Bestial – An upscale lounge bar with stunning panoramic views.
Barcelona is undoubtedly a city that knows how to have a good time. Exploring its vibrant bar scene is an essential part of experiencing its unique culture and nightlife. Whether you’re a fan of craft cocktails, traditional bars, or trendy lounges, Barcelona has something to offer. So, grab a drink, immerse yourself in the city’s exciting atmosphere, and enjoy all that Barcelona’s bars have to offer!
Table of Contents